Job Title: Director of Derivatives Research and Analysis (Public Policy)
Reports to: Head of Research
Location: New York (Hybrid)
Salary: $150,000 – $175,000
The Director of Research will be responsible for conducting and writing research on key issues and trends in over-the-counter derivatives markets. Some of the research areas include ESG derivatives, digital regulatory reporting, derivatives in emerging markets, derivatives clearing and trading, margin, transition from LIBOR to risk-free rates, market regulations and market structure.
The person will be located in New York and will report to the Head of Research.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct and publish research and surveys on key issues and trends in over-the-counter derivatives markets.
- Collaborate on research projects with to Public Policy and other ISDA teams
- Engage in ISDA educational efforts by speaking at the conferences
- Build relationships with research professional at other trade groups, think tanks and regulators
- Provide research support to other ISDA teams on various projects to strengthen fact-based advocacy efforts
- Collect and analyse data from outside sources and internal database
- Manage projects to improve and expand ISDA SwapsInfo website
- Bachelor’s degree; CFA or MBA is preferred
Skills and competencies
- Professional writing experience: crafting research notes, developing industry reports, etc.
- Solid quantitative and qualitative skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Independent critical thinking
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; solid relationship-building and listening skills
- Ability to leverage industry contacts as well as your network of key relationships within investment and trading community including banks, asset managers, asset owners, consultants, and traders
- Ability to collaborate within a team environment
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Five to seven years of experience with a research background in derivatives, fixed income, or credit
- ISDA offers a great work environment, with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
- Retirement – with employer match
- Life, disability, and accident insurance
- Medical, dental and vision coverage offered at little to no cost to employees and dependents
- Generous paid time off
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Pre and post-tax commuter spending accounts
- Education – ISDA offers a yearly training calendar across all offices
- Flexible working policy
- Company and office social events
To apply, click here.
Share This Article:Share Director of Derivatives Research and Analysison Facebook. May trigger a new window or tab to open. Share Director of Derivatives Research and Analysison Twitter. May trigger a new window or tab to open. Share Director of Derivatives Research and Analysison LinkedIn. May trigger a new window or tab to open. Share Director of Derivatives Research and Analysisvia email. May trigger a new window or your email client to open.