Job title: Director of Digital Product: Data & Digital Solutions Team
Reports to: Head of Data & Digital Solutions
About the Job
This role is in the product and process team within Data and Data and Digital function within ISDA. This function is responsible for supporting ISDA members address challenges related to processing of derivatives transaction across credit, rates, equity, FX commodities. The function also supports the industry’s efforts to increase processing efficiency through development of standards and processing best practices while helping to identify the opportunities created by emerging technology. The function also provides subject matter expertise support to other functions within ISDA, in particular FpML, Document Digitization and CDM /DRR services. This role will have a business centric technology and solutions focus, supporting the ISDA membership, ISDA partners and internal stakeholders. A technology and IT background with solid financial services and financial product experience would be ideal.
Modern digital leadership means being innovative, creative, collaborative, experimental, curious, and able to network. This role will require digital thought-leadership that is forward thinking and industry relevant – specifically related to the digital initiatives focused upon international financial services data, event and processing standards (pre and post-trade).
Duties and responsibilities
- To lead efforts to standardize internal and industry-wide international data and digital governance – including coordinating and facilitating loosely-coupled, federated Agile best-practices across various Data & Digital workstreams (CDM, FpML, Document Digitization)
- Familiarity with international regulatory policy and policy formation processes (CFTC, ESMA, SEC, MAS, etc).
- This role requires commercially attuned, technically hands-on and business domain focused international experience within the global financial services sector, involving very-large-scale federated data governance, data standardization, and data engineering.
- This role requires a demonstrable history of responsibility for strategic data standards and data engineering roadmaps, and evidence of driving industry-wide innovation – whilst demonstrating pragmatism, including a laser-like focus upon translation of innovation to ambitious adoption targets.
- This role will require seasoned communications skills and abilities, as well as industry public speaking experience. This includes evidencable roundtable and panel experience at leading industry conferences.
- Liaise with and support colleagues in other functional areas to ensure the product specific conditions are addressed in cross product initiatives.
- Upholding and supporting the application of ISDA standards that are required for efficient processing within each asset class
- Develop and maintain strong relationships, in particular with team leads, vendors, solution providers and partners – and to help leverage these successfully to execute on duties described above,
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience is essential.
- XML, Java, Database, Financial Data exposure and other technology skills and experience would be beneficial
- Good derivatives knowledge in at least one asset classes is essential.
- Project management experience would be an advantage.
Relevant Skills / Abilities
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple competing tasks and demands,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to address issues with tact and diplomacy in order to reach consensus across a wide range of market participants,
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at different levels of member firms,
- Detail-oriented in composing, typing and proofing materials,
- Good working knowledge of MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Previous experience of Microsoft Project or similar project management applications is desirable,
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic which demonstrates an appreciation for punctuality, reliability, and a desire to achieve results,
- Demonstrated ability to deal with change,
- Team-player who contributes to success of the immediate team and ISDA as a whole.
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience working in a derivatives environment is preferred, ideally in IT operations or IT middle office.
ISDA offers a great work environment, with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
- Retirement – 10% Non-Contributory
- Life, disability, and accident insurance
- Healthcare – medical
- 27 days holiday per year
- Maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave
- Education – ISDA offers a yearly training calendar across all offices
- Flexible working policy
- Season ticket loan available
- Bike to Work scheme
To Apply, click here
Share This Article:Share Director of Digital Producton Facebook. May trigger a new window or tab to open. Share Director of Digital Producton Twitter. May trigger a new window or tab to open. Share Director of Digital Producton LinkedIn. May trigger a new window or tab to open. Share Director of Digital Productvia email. May trigger a new window or your email client to open.