Job Title: Junior Accountant
Reports to: Senior Controller
Location: New York (Hybrid Working)
Salary: $60,000 – 65,000
The Junior Accountant will assist in streamlining current accounting processes, handle accounts payable and provide administrative support and review. This role is based in our New York City location interacting with all ISDA global offices.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Process billing, record and keep track of revenue from various revenue streams including and not limited to annual dues, events, publications, and license fees.
- Enter cash receipts and regularly follow up on outstanding Accounts Receivable.
- Process customer refunds as and when required.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Assist in month end closing and perform any closing journal entries.
- Prepare analysis of accounts, as required.
- Coordinate and assist in Financial Statement audits & liaise with external auditors.
- Perform other accounting related duties as assigned.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies and work procedures.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required.
Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related filed required.
- General knowledge of accounting and understanding of the general ledger accounts and how they relate to various line items on P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics accounting software preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Concur preferred.
Since 1985, ISDA has worked to make the global derivatives markets safer and more efficient. Today, ISDA has over 1,000 member institutions from 79 countries. These members comprise a broad range of derivatives market participants, including corporations, investment managers, government and supranational entities, insurance companies, energy and commodities firms, and international and regional banks. In addition to market participants, members also include key components of the derivatives market infrastructure, such as exchanges, intermediaries, clearing houses and repositories, as well as law firms, accounting firms and other service providers. Information about ISDA and its activities is available on the Association’s website: www.isda.org. Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube.
ISDA offers a great work environment and excellent benefits.
- Retirement – with employer match
- Life, disability, and accident insurance
- Discretionary bonus up to 20%
- Medical, dental and vision coverage offered at little to no cost to employees and dependents
- Generous paid time off
- Parental Leave
- Pre- and post-tax commuter spending accounts
- Education – ISDA offers a yearly training calendar across all offices
- Flexible working policy
- Company and office social events
To apply, please click here
Share This Article:Share Junior Accountanton Facebook. May trigger a new window or tab to open. Share Junior Accountanton Twitter. May trigger a new window or tab to open. Share Junior Accountanton LinkedIn. May trigger a new window or tab to open. Share Junior Accountantvia email. May trigger a new window or your email client to open.