Job Title: U.S. Public Policy Intern
Location: Washington D.C.
Date Available: Summer 2023 (start/end dates flexible)
Reports to: Assistant Director, U.S. Public Policy
Overview of Position:
ISDA’s US Public Policy team is seeking an intern to assist with daily public policy issues as they arise in addition to undertaking longer-term assignments/projects over the course of the summer in our Washington D.C. office. ISDA’s US Public Policy team functions to advance US and international advocacy efforts by representing the organization before Congress and federal financial regulators. Interns will gain substantive, first-hand experience while learning about the global derivatives market while building upon professional skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research and analysis into a variety of financial services issues
- Support the US Public Policy team in ISDA’s advocacy efforts
- Assist in preparing information, presentations, and materials for the US Public Policy team
- Take notes and memos during meetings
- Maintain files and organize documents
- Attend Congressional and agency meetings and hearings related to ISDA’s policy
- Stay well-versed in issues that impact ISDA and membership
- Shadow global Public Policy team members on various department initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eagerness to tackle new projects
- Interest in finance and derivatives
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work collaboratively or individually
- Must be currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program preferably in political science, business or economics
- Must be at least 18 years of age and legally able to work in the United States
To apply, click here.
Share This Article:Share U.S. Public Policy Internon Facebook. May trigger a new window or tab to open. Share U.S. Public Policy Internon Twitter. May trigger a new window or tab to open. Share U.S. Public Policy Internon LinkedIn. May trigger a new window or tab to open. Share U.S. Public Policy Internvia email. May trigger a new window or your email client to open.