Thu, Nov 15, 2018Event Details for ISDA SIMM™ Training – Non-Technical Workshop Register Now for ISDA SIMM™ Training – Non-Technical Workshop
This workshop provides a background and the basics for understanding the ISDA SIMM methodology, its implementation and use.
3 CPD Credit Hours Available (England and Wales)
3.5 CLE Credit Hours Available (New York)
Transitional and Nontransitional
Jump to Section:
Monday, November 19, 2018Download Agenda ISDA SIMM™ Training – Non-Technical Workshop for
8:30 AM Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:15 AM Introduction and Welcoming Remarks
9:30 AM Initial Margin (IM) Requirements for Non-cleared Derivatives
- BCBS 317 – Principle 3: Methodologies for the Calculation of IM
- IM Schedule – Requirements and IM Calculation
- Quantitative IM Model - Requirements
10:00 AM ISDA SIMM - Background
- The industry’s need for a standard quantitative model
- Sensitivity-based 99% 10-day approach
- Summary of how SIMM meets regulatory requirements across jurisdictions
10:30 AM Derivatives Risk
- Risk Factors
- Risk Sensitivities
- Modelling Risk in Derivative Contracts
11:00 AM Coffee Break
11:15 AM ISDA SIMM – Methodology and Calculation
- Description of the ISDA SIMM
- Example to illustrate calculation using methodology
- Comparison of Initial Margin from SIMM versus schedule
12:15 PM Reconciling Initial Margin Differences
- Agreeing IM method in Collateral Agreements
- Sources of IM differences
- Approach to reconciling IM differences
- Reporting Reconciliation Issues
12:45 PM Workshop Concludes
VenueBack to Top
Steigenberger Hotel Metroplitan, Poststraße 6, 60329 Frankfurt am Main, Germany, +49 69 5060700
PricingBack to Top
Registration fee is for one person to attend the entire event. Pass may not be split between multiple attendees.
Groups of three or more attendees from the same firm can receive a 20% discount on event registrations. To register your group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Member $250 U.S.
Non-Member $300 U.S.
Course LevelBack to Top
Some knowledge of derivatives is assumed. No advance preparation is required.
AccreditationBack to Top
ISDA is an accredited provider of continuing education credits by the following organizations:
ISDA has been certified by the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board as an Accredited Provider of continuing legal education in the state of New York.
ISDA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors: 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. www.nasba.org
ContactBack to Top
ISDA SIMM™ is a registered trademark of the International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Inc. (ISDA). Market participants or service providers wishing to license ISDA SIMM or other ISDA intellectual Property should contact email@example.com.