Fri, Jul 13, 2018Event Details for Understanding the ISDA Master Agreements Register Now for Understanding the ISDA Master Agreements
This program is eligible for FTS claims.
Jump to Section:
Thursday, July 12, 2018Download Agenda Understanding Variation Margin Regulations and the 2016 ISDA Variation Margin Credit Support Documents for
8:15 AM Registration and Morning Coffee
9:00 AM Introduction and Welcoming Remarks Jing Gu
9:15 AM Regulatory Variation Margin requirements for non-cleared derivatives Jing Gu, John Ho, Sonia Lim
This session will explain the Variation Margin (VM) requirements in the EU and other key jurisdictions implementing the international WGMR framework. The session will look at:
- Which entities are subject to the requirements?
- Which trades are subject to the requirements?
- What the VM requirements are?
- Cross-Border implications and key similarities/differences with rules in other jurisdictions
- Impact on CSA documentation
John Ho, Head, Legal, Financial Markets, Standard Chartered Bank
Sonia Lim, Counsel, Linklaters
10:45 AM Morning Break
11:15 AM Understanding the ISDA English Law Variation Margin CSA Paul Landless, Lyn Lee, Kai Loon Loh, Cui Ling Mok
This session will discuss the 2016 Credit Support Annex for Variation Margin. The two new forms published in 2016 allow parties to establish Variation Margin and Initial Margin arrangements that meet the requirements of new regulations on margin for uncleared swaps. This session will look at:
- The Transferor & Transferee. How can this party change over time?
- Scope of Covered Transactions under CSA
- Credit Support Obligations: the Delivery Amount and Return Amount
- Eligible Collateral and Valuation Percentages
- Minimum Transfer Amounts
- Value of Collateral
- Adding an Independent Amount, using the Independent Amount (IA) Provisions
- Transfer Timing: when must a party deliver or return collateral – what changes can they make?
- Valuation Time and Valuation Date
- Valuation Agent
- Notification Time
- Dispute Resolution
Lyn Lee, Head, Legal - Global Treasury and Investment Banking, OCBC Bank
Kai Loon Loh, Counsel, Ashurst ADTLaw
Cui Ling Mok, Director, Legal, Barclays Bank PLC
12:15 PM Luncheon
1:30 PM Understanding the ISDA English Law Variation Margin CSA Continued
- Distributions and Interest Amounts
- Enforcement following Event of Default
- Credit Support Offsets
- Legally ineligible Credit Support Provision
- Ratings Ladders
- Valuation Agent
- Terms for non-netting counterparties
- Other Provisions
2:30 PM Collateral Arrangements under New York Law in comparison to English Law Arrangements Margaret Kim
This session will discuss the 2016 Credit Support Annex for Variation Margin governed by New York law.Margaret Kim, Director, General Counsel, Credit Suisse
3:15 PM Afternoon Break
3:45 PM Update on Developments in International Law regarding Collateral and Derivatives and ISDA Collateral Opinions Evan John Lam
This session will focus on the following initiatives:
- EU directive on Bank Recovery and Resolution: provisions specific to collateral arrangements and inter-relation with the EU Collateral Directive
- FSB/BCBS global recommendations on effective resolution regimes: effects on collateral arrangements
- The collateral opinions ISDA has collected from over 50 jurisdictions and recent updates in relation to WGMR implementation
4:45 PM Conference Concludes
VenueBack to Top
Marina Mandarin Singapore, 6 Raffles Boulevard, Marina Square, Singapore 039594, Phone +65 6845 1000.
SpeakersBack to Top
Head, Legal, Financial Markets
Standard Chartered Bank
Director, General Counsel
Evan John Lam
Allen & Gledhill LLP
Head, Legal - Global Treasury and Investment Banking
Kai Loon Loh
Cui Ling Mok
Barclays Bank PLC
PricingBack to Top
Registration fee is for one person to attend the entire event. Pass may not be split between multiple attendees.
Groups of three or more attendees from the same firm can receive a 20% discount on event registrations. To register your group, please email email@example.com
Member $650 U.S.
Non-Member $750 U.S.
Course LevelBack to Top
Basic knowledge of derivatives documentation is beneficial but not mandatory. Some knowledge of financial markets is assumed. No advance preparation is required.