This section of the ISDA website is a hub for links to key information and ISDA’s work regarding Commodity Derivatives – including documentation, market structure, public policy, research, market practices, guidance notes and educational materials.
ISDA’s Commodity Derivatives working groups:
ISDA conducts work on Commodity Derivatives issues though a variety of working groups; however, there are four specific working groups focused on this asset class:
- ISDA Commodities Market Infrastructure Group
- ISDA Energy, Commodities & Developing Products Group
- ISDA Energy, Commodities & Developing Products Group Asia- Pacific
- ISDA Commodity Derivatives Regulatory Group
To request to join an ISDA working group: (1) Create an account on the ISDA website; and (2) After you create an account, log in and go to the Committees section to view your ISDA Committee Dashboard. You can request to join and leave working groups and distribution lists.
Links to key Commodity Derivatives infrastructures/documentation:
- 2005 ISDA Commodity Definitions, including the Sub-Annexes
- ISDA Bookstore section on Definitional Booklets/Commodity Derivatives
- Market Closure InfoHub
News on current Commodity Derivatives initiatives:
- Sub-Annex A Update – ISDA is conducting an initiative aimed at updating Sub-Annex A to the 2005 ISDA Commodity Definitions. On August 7, 2023, ISDA published on MyLibrary version 3.0 of the revised Sub-Annex A to the 2005 Commodity Definitions, addressing Agricultural Products. For more information, please join the ISDA Commodities Market Infrastructure Group. More information can be found by joining the ISDA Commodities Market Infrastructure Group.
- CRP Naming Convention – ISDA published a document setting out the naming convention for how the Commodity Reference Prices (“CRPs”), as defined in Sub-Annex A of the 2005 ISDA Commodity definitions, should be named to increase consistency and understandability. More information at the following webpage (Sub-Annex A CRP Naming Convention) and by joining the ISDA Commodities Market Infrastructure Group.
If you have any questions or would like additional information in relation to these matters, please email: email@example.com.