Wed, Jan 20 to Thu, Jan 21, 2021Event Details for Collateral Management Transformation Virtual Showcase Register Now for Collateral Management Transformation Virtual Showcase
Registration for this event will close 2 hours before the live broadcast
This is an ISDA Virtual Conference:
- Event will be live on February 3, 2021 from 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM HKT/SGT | Timezone Converter
- Miss part of the event or aren’t able to watch live? The recording will be available to registrants until March 3, 2021
3 CPD Credit Hours Available (Hong Kong)
3.5 CLE Credit Hours Available (New York) Transitional and Non-Transitional
Jump to Section:
Wednesday, February 3, 2021Print Agenda Understanding Variation Margin (VM) Regulations and the 2016 ISDA VM Credit Support Documents (APAC) for
9:00 AM Introduction and Welcome Remarks Monica Chiu
9:05 AM Regulatory VM Requirements for Swaps and Security-Based Swaps Max Allan, Monica Chiu, Michael Hardy, Sonia Lim
This session will explain the Variation Margin (VM) requirements in the EU, the US and the key APAC jurisdictions implementing the international WGMR framework:
- Which entities are subject to the requirements?
- Which trades are subject to the requirements?
- What are the VM requirements?
- Cross-border implications and key similarities/differences with rules in other jurisdictions
- Impact on CSA documentation
Monica Chiu, Senior Counsel, Asia Pacific, ISDA
Michael Hardy, Counsel, Latham & Watkins LLP
Sonia Lim, Counsel, Linklaters
9:45 AM Break
9:50 AM Regulatory VM Requirements for Swaps and Security-Based Swaps (continued)
10:35 AM Break
10:40 AM Understanding the 2016 ISDA Credit Support Annex For VM (New York and English Law) Jonathan Chapman, Mark Hustwayte, Karen Lam, James Yao
The ISDA VM Credit Support Annex under forms part of the Schedule of the ISDA Master Agreement. It is designed to document security arrangements involving the use of collateral to secure the risk either or both parties may have under the ISDA Master Agreement to which the ISDA VM Credit Support Annex relates, incompliance with applicable VM regulations. This session will examine critical provisions in the ISDA Credit Support Annex under New York Law and English Law, including:
- Key principles of the credit support arrangements
- The posting party and the receiving party – How can this party change over time?
- Scope of Covered Transactions under CSA
- Credit Support Obligations: The Delivery Amount and Return Amount
- Minimum Transfer Amounts
- Adding an Independent Amount (IA) and using the Independent Amount provisions
- Transfer Timing: When must a party deliver or return collateral?
- The Valuation Agent and Dispute Resolution
- Holding and use of Posted Collateral
- Distributions and Interest Amounts
- Events of Default
- Rights and Remedies
- Legally Ineligible Credit Support provisions
- Credit Support Offsets
- Terms for non-netting counterparties
- Other Provisions
- ISDA VM Protocol
Mark Hustwayte, Director and Managing Counsel, The Bank of New York Mellon
Karen Lam, Partner, Structured Finance and Derivatives, Linklaters
James Yao, Of Counsel, Allen & Overy
11:40 AM Break
11:45 AM Understanding the 2016 ISDA Credit Support Annex For VM (New York and English Law) (continued)
12:35 PM Conference Concludes
Agenda is subject to change.
SpeakersBack to Top
King & Wood Mallesons
Senior Counsel, Asia Pacific
Latham & Watkins LLP
Director and Managing Counsel
The Bank of New York Mellon
Partner, Structured Finance and Derivatives
Allen & Overy
PricingBack to Top
Registration fee is for one person to attend the entire event. Pass may not be split between multiple attendees.
Groups of three or more attendees from the same firm can receive a 20% discount on event registrations. To register your group, please email email@example.com
AccreditationBack to Top
ISDA is an accredited provider of continuing education credits by the following organizations:
ISDA has been certified by the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board as an Accredited Provider of continuing legal education in the state of New York.
ISDA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors: 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. www.nasba.org