Wed, Jun 19, 2019Event Details for Understanding the ISDA Master Agreements Register Now for Understanding the ISDA Master Agreements
6.5 CPD Credit Hours Available (Hong Kong)
Jump to Section:
Thursday, June 20, 2019Print Agenda Understanding Margin Regulations and the ISDA Credit Support Documents for
8:15 AM Registration and Morning Coffee
8:50 AM Introduction and Welcoming Remarks Jing Gu
9:00 AM Regulatory Margin Requirements for Non-cleared Derivatives Jing Gu, Christopher Whiteley
This session will explain the Variation Margin (VM) and Initial Margin requirements in the EU, the US and the key APAC jurisdictions implementing the international WGMR framework.
The session will look at:
- Which entities are subject to the requirements?
- Which trades are subject to the requirements?
- What the VM requirements are?
- Cross-Border implications and key similarities/differences with rules in other jurisdictions
- Impact on CSA documentation
Christopher Whiteley, Partner, Ashurst
10:00 AM Understanding the ISDA English Law Variation Margin CSA Karen Lam, Hilda Loong, Subramanian Natarajan
This session will discuss the 2016 Credit Support Annex for Variation Margin. The two new forms published in 2016 allow parties to establish Variation Margin and Initial Margin arrangements that meet the requirements of new regulations on margin for uncleared swaps. This session will look at:
- 1995 CSA
- The Transferor & Transferee. How can this party change over time?
- Scope of Covered Transactions under CSA
- Credit Support Obligations: the Delivery Amount and Return Amount
- Eligible Collateral and Valuation Percentages
- Minimum Transfer Amounts
- Value of Collateral
- Adding an Independent Amount, using the Independent Amount (IA) Provisions
- Transfer Timing: when must a party deliver or return collateral – what changes can they make?
- Valuation Time and Valuation Date
- Valuation Agent
- Notification Time
- Dispute Resolution
Hilda Loong, Executive Director and Senior Counsel, Legal Department, Goldman Sachs (Asia) L.L.C
Subramanian Natarajan, Associate General Counsel, Global Markets, HSBC
10:40 AM Morning Break
11:00 AM Understanding the ISDA English Law Variation Margin CSA (Continued)
- Distributions and Interest Amounts
- Enforcement following Event of Default
- Credit Support Offsets
- Legally ineligible Credit Support Provision
- Ratings Ladders
- Valuation Agent
- Terms for non-netting counterparties
- Other Provisions
12:20 PM Luncheon
1:20 PM Collateral Arrangements under New York Law in Comparison to English Law Arrangements Jeffrey H. Chen
This session will discuss the 2016 Credit Support Annex for Variation Margin governed by New York law.Jeffrey H. Chen, Partner, Head of Asia Structured Finance, Dentons Hong Kong LLP
2:05 PM Understanding the ISDA Credit Support Documents for Initial Margin (IM) I-Ping Soong, Ross Stewart
This session will discuss the 2018 Credit Support Deed for IM (Security Interest – English Law) and Credit Support Annex for IM (Security Interest – New York Law).I-Ping Soong, Counsel, Capital Markets, Linklaters
Ross Stewart, Partner, Allen & Overy LLP
3:05 PM Afternoon Break
3:20 PM Understanding the ISDA Credit Support Documents for Initial Margin (IM) (Continued)
4:20 PM Update on Developments in International Law regarding Collateral and Derivatives and ISDA Collateral Opinions Francis Edwards
This session will provide an overview of:
- ISDA’s Collateral Opinions; and
- Tools available to assist with collateral reviews
5:00 PM Conference Concludes
Agenda is subject to change.
VenueBack to Top
Novotel Century Hong Kong
238 Jaffe Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Phone: (+852) 2598 8888
SpeakersBack to Top
Jeffrey H. Chen
Partner, Head of Asia Structured Finance
Dentons Hong Kong LLP
Partner, Structured Finance and Derivatives
Executive Director and Senior Counsel, Legal Department
Goldman Sachs (Asia) L.L.C
Associate General Counsel, Global Markets
Counsel, Capital Markets
Allen & Overy LLP
PricingBack to Top
Registration fee is for one person to attend the entire event. Pass may not be split between multiple attendees.
Groups of three or more attendees from the same firm can receive a 20% discount on event registrations. Groups must be registered together, in advance of the event. To register your group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Member $650 U.S.
Non-Member $750 U.S.
Course LevelBack to Top
Basic knowledge of derivatives documentation is beneficial but not mandatory. Some knowledge of financial markets is assumed. No advance preparation is required.