Tue, Jun 20, 2023
Registration for this event will close 24 hours before the event start time
- Registration must be received 24 hours prior to the event.
- All in-person attendees will be required to agree to a COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgement form at the time of registration. You can preview the form here.
- By registering you must agree to adhere to ISDA guidelines for attendance outlined in the policies on the registration form, subject to change in accordance with local government guidance and mandates.
- This is a hands-on training course focused on extending FpML. Participants will learn the necessary concepts on how to extend FpML and they will apply them by doing practical exercises creating extensions and examples.
- Prerequisites: Attendees should have some exposure to computer systems analysis, software design, interface design or data modeling. They should have some basic knowledge of XML. Knowledge of XML Schema will be helpful but is not mandatory. Familiarity with privately negotiated derivatives would be helpful but is not required. This course can be taken following the Introduction to FpML Training Course or as a stand-alone course for people with prior FpML experience.
- Course Requirements: To participate in the class you will need to have access to a computer with a Microsoft Windows Operating System, the latest version of java, the Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint), and a mouse. You will need to have the ability to install two programs prior to the start of the course, or have administrative rights to the computer to install programs at the start of the course. You will also need to join the training session on a computer with a camera and ability to screen share for the practical exercises.
Jump to Section:
Thursday, June 22, 2023Print Agenda Extending FpML An Advanced FpML Training Course for
Course Instructor: Lyteck Lynhiavu
8:15 AM Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:45 AM Welcoming Remarks and Course Overview
8:50 AM Guidelines on Extending FpML and Examples
Recommended approach on how to customize FpML and example extensions.
9:30 AM Overview of Tools
An overview of the different tools that will be used during the day will be provided. Participants will learn how to validate schemas and instance documents.
10:00 AM Morning Break
10:20 AM Hands-on Review of XML Schema Constructs
During this session the group will review XML Schema concepts used in FpML and discuss how these are implemented. Participants will implement and validate some of these constructs.
12:00 PM Overview of FpML Schema
An overview the FpML schema. During this session, the group will learn where and how to find schema components.
12:20 PM Luncheon
1:20 PM Practical Case Study: Extending Product Coverage - Structured Product
This session will provide a detailed walk through of how to expand the product coverage of FpML to cover a real example of a structured product. Participants will learn how to extend existing products, create new ones, reuse existing components, and insert the extensions in the right place. Participants will develop examples and validate them.
2:40 PM Practical Case Study: Extending Product Coverage – Securities
This session will provide a walk through of how to expand the product coverage of FpML to cover securities. Participants will learn how to reuse existing extensions available in the industry to cover various security products. Participants will develop examples and validate them.
3:20 PM Afternoon Break
3:40 PM Practical Case Study: Extending Messaging & Validation
A walk through of how to expand the messaging coverage of FpML will be provided. Participants will learn how to extend existing messages, create new messages to support new business processes, and reuse existing components. An introduction to the validation rules and methods. Participants will develop examples and validate them.
5:00 PM Course Concludes
Agenda is subject to change.
VenueBack to Top
10 E 53rd St 9th floor, New York, NY 10022
SpeakersBack to Top
PricingBack to Top
- Registration fee is for one person to attend the entire event. Pass may not be split between multiple attendees.
Groups of three or more attendees from the same firm can receive a 20% discount on event registrations.
Receive a 20% discount for each course if you register for this course as well as the FpML Training Course - Introduction To FpML on June 21.
*Only one discount may be applied at a time. To register your group or for all 3 courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your discount code prior to registration.*
ContactBack to Top
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for the latest on upcoming events.
For general questions, including exhibition/sponsorship opportunities, conference topics or location suggestions contact us: email@example.com | +1 212-901-6000
FpML is a registered trademark of the International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Inc.