FpML Training Course – Introduction To FpML
Wednesday, June 21, 2023ISDA Conference CenterNew York
Non-Member US$800.00Register for FpML Training Course – Introduction To FpML
Registration for this event will close 24 hours before the event start time
- Registration must be received 24 hours prior to the event.
- All in-person attendees will be required to agree to a COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgement form at the time of registration. You can preview the form here.
- By registering you must agree to adhere to ISDA guidelines for attendance outlined in the policies on the registration form, subject to change in accordance with local government guidance and mandates.
- This is an introductory course covering a wide range of FpML topics, including fundamentals and the basic structure of FpML, product coverage, messaging.
- Prerequisites: Exposure to computer systems analysis, software design, interface design or data modelling is helpful. Some experience with XML or OTC derivatives will be helpful but is not mandatory.
Course Instructors Guy Gurden, Lyteck Lynhiavu
Lyteck Lynhiavu, Director, Data & Digital Solutions, ISDA
8:15 AM Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:45 AM Welcoming Remarks and Course Overview
8:50 AM Introduction to OTC Derivatives and FpML
This session will address the purpose, mission and scope of FpML and provide background on the OTC derivatives markets. The relation with XML, other XML standards and non XML standards will be covered. The FpML governance will be explained and the current priorities and evolution of the standard will be discussed.
9:30 AM Let’s Try Some FpML – An FpML Sample Problem
Demonstrate how FpML is constructed by taking a simple trade and translating it into FpML.
10:00 AM Morning Break
10:20 AM FpML Foundations
In this session the instructor will review key XML and XML schema concepts and how they are applied in the FpML architecture framework.
10:50 AM Top-Level and Shared Components
In this session the group will discuss the most common cross asset FpML building blocks and look at examples of how they are used.
12:00 PM Messaging and Views
This session will focus on the messaging framework in FpML and provide an overview of the concept of views.
12:20 PM Luncheon
1:20 PM Interest Rate Derivatives
Detailed explanation of Interest Rate product specifications, including the most recent additions to the standard. A description of the interest rate swap components covering differences in FpML between fixed and floating legs, inflation swaps, compounding, and others.
3:00 PM Afternoon Break
3:20 PM Impact of the ISDA 2021 Interest Rate Derivatives Definitions
An overview of the Interest Rate derivatives coverage in FpML with a focus on those parts impacted by changes in the ISDA 2021 Interest Rate Derivatives Definitions.
3:40 PM Regulatory Reporting
During this session we will explain the regulatory framework in FpML. We will focus on key messages and structures, and latest enhancements in versions 5.11 through 5.13. In addition we will cover the latest regulatory reporting developments in the US (CFTC reporting rules rewrite), the EU (EMIR Refit) and international developments such as the work from CPMI-IOSCO on Critical Data Elements.
4:20 PM Overview of CDM and DRR
During this session we will give an introduction of the Common Domain Model (CDM) and ISDA’s Digital Regulatory Reporting Initiative (DRR). DRR provides a comprehensive solution for translating amended rules into machine-executable open-source code. This allows financial firms to access a standardized interpretation of the requirements and integrate them directly into their systems, streamlining their regulatory reporting processes and reducing the risk of compliance errors.
5:00 PM Conference Concludes
Agenda is subject to change.
10 E 53rd St 9th floor, New York, NY 10022