International and EU Banking
Transposing the Last of Basel III in Europe
Tuesday, February 15, 2022Online
Registration for this event will close 2 hours before the live broadcast
This is an ISDA Virtual Conference:
- Event will be live on February 15, 2022 from 2:00 PM - 5:15 PM GMT | Timezone Converter
- Miss part of the event or aren't able to watch live? The recording will be available to registrants until March 15, 2022
2:00 PM Introduction and Welcoming Remarks Scott O’Malia
2:05 PM Keynote Address Alexandra Jour-Schröder
Global banking implementation and regulatory challenges ahead in a (post)-Covid environment.Alexandra Jour-Schröder, Directorate-General for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union, European Commission
2:30 PM The International Banking Agenda in the Time of COVID
- What does the future hold for international cooperation in financial services?
- What are the challenges and impacts in a post-COVID environment?
- What are the key challenges in addressing climate and environmental risks and what can be done at a global level?
- What are the key trends in the regional implementation of Basel 3.1?
- How to foster aligned implementation of capital rules
3:30 PM Break
3:40 PM Keynote Address Othmar Karas
Priorities in the Implementation of Basel III in the European Union.Othmar Karas, First Vice-President, European Parliament
4:05 PM The Implementation of Basel III in Europe
- How do we envisage the implementation of the Basel 3.1 package in EU legislation?
- What EU specificities require a potential adaptation of the international standards?
- What other specific challenges does the EU face in banking regulations?
- How ESG risk impacts on the prudential framework
5:05 PM Closing Remarks Eric Litvack
5:15 PM Conference Concludes
Agenda is subject to change.