Tue, Jun 14, 2022Event Details for Getting the MiFID/MiFIR Balance Right Register Now for Getting the MiFID/MiFIR Balance Right
This conference will explain the main provisions in the ISDA 2002 Master Agreement and Schedule and discuss key terms that firms typically negotiate. The conference will be useful for delegates who work with these documents and negotiate various terms with different counterparties by helping them to understand the provisions of the documentation at a detailed level and issues to consider, as well as to understand the relevance of the ISDA netting opinions to such negotiations.
Registration for this event will close 2 hours before the live broadcast
This is an ISDA Virtual Conference:
- Event will be live on June 15, 2022 from 01:45 PM – 6:00 PM HKT | Timezone Converter
- Miss part of the event or aren’t able to watch live? The recording will be available to registrants until July 15, 2022
4.5 CLE Credit Hours Available (New York) Transitional and Non-Transitional
4.0 CPD Credit Hours Available (England and Wales)
4.0 CPD Credit Hours Available (Hong Kong)
CPT Credit Hours Available (SFC) for those located in Hong Kong and attended all live sessions
Other accreditations of APAC region are currently pending
Jump to Section:
Wednesday, June 15, 2022Print Agenda Introduction to the ISDA Master Agreement and Negotiation Strategies (APAC) for
1:45 PM Introduction and Welcoming Remarks Monica Chiu
1:50 PM Introduction to the 2002 ISDA Master Agreement Monica Chiu, Catherine Neo, James Yao
- Section-by-section discussion of the 2002 ISDA Master Agreement
- Events of Default and Termination Events
- Close-out mechanics and methodologies
- Counterparty default management
Catherine Neo, Partner, Allen & Gledhill LLP
James Yao, Of Counsel, Allen & Overy
3:10 PM Break
3:15 PM Negotiating the Schedule to the 2002 ISDA Master Agreement Monica Chiu, Smrithi Nair, Magdalene Tan
This session will focus on key issues that firms typically focus on as when negotiating the Schedule to the 2002 Master Agreement including:
- Specified Entities for 5(a)(v), 5(a)(vi), 5(a)(vii) and 5(b)(iv)
- Expansions and contractions of defined terms (e.g., Specified Transactions, Specified Indebtedness)
- Cross Default vs cross-acceleration and Threshold Amounts Credit Event Upon Merger
- Automatic Early Termination
- Additional Termination Events – what are these events and why do parties include these? (e.g., ratings downgrades, Net Asset Value triggers, Keyman clauses, financing transaction events)
- Limitations on rights to designate an Early Termination Date or suspend payments
- Payer and Payee Tax Representations
- Agreement to Deliver Documents
- What types of documents do parties request?
- The timing of delivery
- Notice provisions
- Process Agent; Multibranch Party; Offices
- Calculation Agent - Possible inclusion of dispute rights
- Credit Support Documents and Credit Support Providers
- Elections (e.g., Governing Law, Termination Currency)
- Netting of Payments
- Other Provisions (e.g., Recording of Conversations)
- Section 2(a)(iii) – conditions precedent to payment and performance
- ISDA Clause Library
The speakers will also highlight negotiation points to be considered for buy-side users of the ISDA Master Agreement and firms dealing with them.Monica Chiu, Senior Counsel, Asia Pacific, ISDA
Smrithi Nair, Principal Associate (Head of Derivatives Practice), Juris Corp
Magdalene Tan, Head of Legal, South East Asia, Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd.
Additional Speakers to be Announced.
4:30 PM Break
4:35 PM Negotiating the Schedule to the 2002 ISDA Master Agreement (continued) Rahul Gulati, Michael Hardy, Sonal Pattnayak
Michael Hardy, Counsel, Latham & Watkins LLP
Sonal Pattnayak, Counsel, Asia Pacific, ISDA
5:35 PM ISDA Netting Opinions
In this session, the speaker will provide an introduction to the netting opinions that ISDA publishes in relation to the ISDA Master Agreements and consider the key issues that they address.Speakers to be Announced.
6:00 PM Conference Concludes
Agenda is subject to change.
SpeakersBack to Top
Senior Counsel, Asia Pacific
Talwar Thakore & Associates (TT&A)
Latham & Watkins LLP
Principal Associate (Head of Derivatives Practice)
Allen & Gledhill LLP
Counsel, Asia Pacific
Head of Legal, South East Asia
Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd.
Allen & Overy
PricingBack to Top
Registration fee is for one person to attend the entire event. Pass may not be split between multiple attendees.
Groups of three or more attendees from the same firm can receive a 20% discount on event registrations. Groups must be registered together, in advance of the event. To register your group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course LevelBack to Top
AccreditationBack to Top
ISDA is an accredited provider of continuing education credits by the following organizations:
ISDA has been certified by the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board as an Accredited Provider of continuing legal education in the state of New York.
ISDA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors: 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. www.nasba.org
ContactBack to Top
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for the latest on upcoming events.
For general questions, including exhibition/sponsorship opportunities, conference topics or location suggestions contact us: email@example.com | +1 212-901-6000