Fri, Jun 17 to Mon, Oct 31, 2022Event Details for ISDA SIMM Training – Technical Workshop Register Now for ISDA SIMM Training – Technical Workshop
This workshop provides a background and the basics for understanding the ISDA Standard Initial Margin Model (SIMM) methodology, its implementation and use.
This is a pre-recorded Virtual Conference
Recording available until October 31, 2022
This is an ISDA Virtual Conference:
- This is a recording of the ISDA SIMM Training – Non-Technical Workshop virtual conference which took place on June 16, 2022
- Registrants will have access to the recording until 5:30 PM EDT on July 18, 2022
- After submitting your registration you will receive a confirmation email with a link to view the documents and recording
Jump to Section:
Thursday, June 16, 2022Print Agenda ISDA SIMM Training – Non-Technical Workshop for
9:00 AM Introduction and Welcoming Remarks Tara Kruse
9:05 AM Initial Margin Models – Background Seha Islam
- Initial Margin (IM) and its requirements
- Standardised initial margin schedule
- The case and background for the ISDA SIMM
- Comparison of SIMM with Grid features
- Monitoring IM
10:05 AM Break
10:15 AM ISDA SIMM – Methodology and Calculation Nnamdi Okaeme
- Provides a brief description of the ISDA SIMM methodology
- Calculations using the SIMM methodology
- Comparison of SIMM IM with Grid IM
11:15 AM Break
11:25 AM Getting Ready for Initial Margin Tara Kruse, Edward Maydon, Nnamdi Okaeme, Michael Plumbridge, Animesh Srivastava
- Commonly asked questions by phase 5/6 firms on preparing to calculate IM
- Exchanging IM and the processes around this
- Reconciliations issues and how firms currently address that
Edward Maydon, Director, Advisory Compliance, BlackRock
Nnamdi Okaeme, Head of SIMM, ISDA
Michael Plumbridge, Head of Regulatory Compliance, ICBC Standard Bank
Animesh Srivastava, Vice President, Uncleared Swaps IM, Collateral Optimization Unit, Barclays PLC
12:25 PM Workshop Concludes
Agenda is subject to change.
SpeakersBack to Top
Global Head, Infrastructure, Data and Non-Cleared Margin
Director, Advisory Compliance
Head of SIMM
Head of Regulatory Compliance
ICBC Standard Bank
Vice President, Uncleared Swaps IM, Collateral Optimization Unit
PricingBack to Top
Registration fee is for one person to attend the entire event. Pass may not be split between multiple attendees.
Groups of three or more attendees from the same firm can receive a 20% discount on event registrations. To register your group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Course LevelBack to Top
The course level is introductory. Basic knowledge of derivatives is beneficial but not mandatory. Some knowledge of financial markets is assumed. No advance preparation is required.
ContactBack to Top
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for the latest on upcoming events.
For general questions, including exhibition/sponsorship opportunities, conference topics or location suggestions contact us: email@example.com | +1 212-901-6000
ISDA SIMM™ is a registered trademark of the International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Inc. (ISDA). Market participants or service providers wishing to license ISDA SIMM or other ISDA intellectual Property should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.