Tue, Aug 11, 2020Event Details for ISDA Virtual Conference: Introduction To FX & Credit Derivatives Register Now for ISDA Virtual Conference: Introduction To FX & Credit Derivatives
Registration for this event will close 2 hours before the live broadcast
This is an ISDA Virtual Conference:
- Event will be live on September 29, 2020 from 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM EST | Timezone Converter
- Miss part of the event or aren’t able to watch live? The recording will be available to registrants until October 29, 2020
The conference will be broadcast via GoToWebinar. Please click here to check your system requirements to ensure you are able to join this event: https://support.goto.com/webinar/system-check-attendee
3.5 CLE Credit Hours Available (New York) Transitional and Non-Transitional
3.5 CPE Credit Hours Available
3.25 CPD Credit Hours Available (England and Wales)
Jump to Section:
Tuesday, September 29, 2020Print Agenda ISDA Virtual Conference: Understanding Variation Margin (VM) Regulations and the 2016 ISDA VM Credit Support Documents for
9:00 AM Introduction and Welcome Remarks
9:05 AM Regulatory VM Requirements for Swaps and Security-Based Swaps
This session will explain the VM requirements in the US and other key jurisdictions implementing the international WGMR framework:
- Which entities are subject to the requirements?
- Which trades are subject to the requirements?
- What are the VM requirements?
- Cross-border implications and key similarities/differences with rules in other jurisdictions
- Impact on CSA documentation
10:20 AM Break
10:25 AM Understanding the 2016 ISDA Credit Support Annex For VM (New York and English Law)
The ISDA VM Credit Support Annex under forms part of the Schedule of the ISDA Master Agreement. It is designed to document security arrangements involving the use of collateral to secure the risk either or both parties may have under the ISDA Master Agreement to which the ISDA VM Credit Support Annex relates, incompliance with applicable VM regulations. This session will examine critical provisions in the ISDA Credit Support Annex under New York law and English Law, including:
- Key principles of the credit support arrangements
- The posting party and the receiving party– How can this party change over time?
- Scope of Covered Transactions under CSA
- Credit Support Obligations: The Delivery Amount and Return Amount
- Minimum Transfer Amounts
- Adding an Independent Amount (IA) and using the Independent Amount provisions
- Transfer Timing: When must a party deliver or return collateral?
- The Valuation Agent and Dispute Resolution
- Holding and use of Posted Collateral
- Distributions and Interest Amounts
- Events of Default
- Rights and Remedies
- Legally Ineligible Credit Support provisions
- Credit Support Offsets
- Terms for non-netting counterparties
- Other Provisions
- ISDA VM Protocol
11:30 AM Break
11:35 AM Understanding the 2016 ISDA Credit Support Annex For VM (New York and English Law) (continued)
12:30 PM Conference Concludes
Agenda is subject to change.
AccreditationBack to Top
ISDA is an accredited provider of continuing education credits by the following organizations:
ISDA has been certified by the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board as an Accredited Provider of continuing legal education in the state of New York.
ISDA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors: 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. www.nasba.org