Understanding the ISDA Master Agreements
Including the Buy-side Perspective
Tuesday, July 23, 2019Singapore
This program is eligible for FTS claims.
8:15 AM Registration and Morning Coffee
9:00 AM Introduction and Welcoming Remarks Erryan Abdul Samad
9:05 AM The 2002 ISDA Master Agreement Erryan Abdul Samad, Natalie Everaert, Evan John Lam, Mae Yen Teoh
- Section-by-section Analysis of the 2002 ISDA Master Agreement
- Discussion of Key Differences between the 2002 ISDA Master Agreement and the 1992 ISDA Master Agreement
- Measures of Damages and Close-out Methodologies
- Events of Default and Termination Events
- Set-off Provision
- Interest Rate Provisions
- Tax Provisions (including FATCA)
- Close-out Amount Protocol
- Netting Opinions
- Illegality/Force Majeure Protocol
The speakers will also draw out lessons for buy-side users of the Master Agreement and firms dealing with them.
10:45 AM Morning Break
11:00 AM The 2002 ISDA Master Agreement (continued)
12:30 PM Luncheon
1:30 PM Negotiating the Schedule to the 2002 ISDA Master Agreement Lyn Lee, Miles Binney, Sonia Lim
This session will focus on key issues that firms typically negotiate in their Schedule to the 2002 Agreement. Frequently negotiated Schedule provisions will be discussed:
- Automatic Early Termination
- Specified Entities
- Specified Transactions
- Cross Default
- Threshold Amounts
- Additional Termination Events
- Additional Representations
- Specific Provisions for Investment Managers
- Specific Provisions for Hedge Funds
3:15 PM Afternoon Break
3:30 PM Close-outs Under the ISDA Master Agreements Kai Loon Loh, John Ho
This session will cover the operation of the Close-out provisions of the ISDA Master Agreements (1992 and 2002 versions) from the point of view of what to look out for when deciding whether and/or when to Close-out, issues related to Close-out such as the giving of notices under the ISDA Master Agreements and practical considerations drawing upon market examples.
4:15 PM ISDA Netting Opinions Erryan Abdul Samad, Evan John Lam
In this session, the speakers will provide an introduction to the netting opinions that ISDA publishes in relation to the ISDA Master Agreement and consider the key issues that they address. The speakers will also provide an introduction to the Singapore netting opinion, taking into account recent legislative changes.
5:15 PM Conference Concludes
Agenda is subject to change.
Marina Mandarin Singapore, 6 Raffles Boulevard, Marina Square, Singapore 039594. Phone: +65 6845 1000